ERASMUS+ INCOMING STUDENTS 2019/20
In order to be enrolled at UPM as an Erasmus+ student, an interinstitutional agreement between your home university and UPM must exist, otherwise you cannot be accepted under the Erasmus+ Programme.
Being an Erasmus+ student implies three things:
- First: You must have been nominated as an Erasmus+ student by your home university through an email to the relevant UPM School.
- Second: You have to complete and send the Application Package to the UPM before the deadline. (Please, send it directly to the UPM School or through the international office at your home institution).
- Third: You have to be accepted as an Erasmus+ student by the UPM (The departmental coordinator at the relevant UPM School will inform you about your acceptance).
The general UPM deadlines are following
- June 1st: for full academic year or for the first semester (September until February).
- December 1st: for the second semester (February until June)
IMPORTANT: Please, contact the interntional office at your home institution for the specific deadlines that may be different depending on the UPM School your are applying for.
Course Catalogue, Study Areas and UPM Schools
You can see the study area codes, international offices and course catalogues offered by the different UPM Schools by clicking the link below (this document is under permanent updating)
Selected students must be nominated by the International Office of their home University to the relevant UPM School according to the signed Interinstitutional Agreement.
Every UPM School may have its specific admission procedure. Generally this implies sending the Application Package to the International Office at the relevant UPM School before its deadline.
Once enrolled, the student will receive the UPM Identity Card (giving free access to services like the library) and a UPM e-mail account.
The language of study is mainly Spanish, but please have a look at the different study programmes (course catalogues). When signing the student’s learning agreement, the home Institution guarantees that the student has sufficient knowledge of the Spanish language to follow courses and to pass exams. Generally, it is advisable to have a Spanish language level equivalent to, at least, A2/B1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Spanish language courses
UPM offers “Spanish language courses applied to science and technology” to all incoming students, through its PROgramme of Languages for INternationalization (PROLINTER).
Starting early September, UPM offers Spanish intensive language courses, that may be complemented with a course during the first or second semester.
You can find information about these courses at UPM Language Program for Internationalization website.
Foreign students guide
In this Guide you can find interesting information if you are willing to spend a study period at any of the Schools of UPM.
- Solicitud de aceptación / Application Form
- Formulario de alta / Foreing Students Registration Form
- Acuerdo de aprendizaje / Learning Agreement
International mobility students’ insurance
Students coming from foreign universities are exempt from paying all costs related to enrollment, administrative charges and student insurance.
However, as established in clause 61.5 of the regulations for Enrollment, students must pay for private accident insurance which is offered through the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid,.
The annual fee is 199 Euros which must be paid before the enrollment.
Information about the ONCAMPUS insurance for international students:
- Póliza (to be published early June)
- Resumen de coberturas (to be published early June)
- General Terms and conditions (Inglés) (to be published early June)
UPM has no student residences, but here you can find a list of accommodation possibilities in Madrid:
Other useful information
- Study in Spain (external link) / Estudiar en España (enlace experno)
- Living in Madrid (external link)
- Citylive Madrid (external link)
- Programa Erasmus+
- Programa Athens
- Programa Magalhães
- Programa Global E3
- Programa Hispano-Chino y SINO Español
- Programa Vulcanus
- Programas de Voluntariado
- Estudiantes con Convenio
- Estudiantes sin Convenio (Visitantes)
- Convocatoria de Ayudas de Viaje de Cooperación
- Convocatoria International Summer Schools