Erasmus+ is the EU's new programme for boosting skills and employability through education, training, youth, and sport.
Erasmus + provides grants for a wide range of actions and activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sport. The programme gives opportunities to students, trainees, staff and volunteers to spend a period abroad to increase their skills and employability. It supports organisations to work in transnational partnership and to share innovative practices in the fields of education, training and youth.
It will also support national efforts to modernise Education, Training, and Youth systems.
Objectives and Actions focused on Higher Education
Erasmus+ is the EU Programme in the fields of education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020.Education, training, youth and sport can make a major contribution to help tackle socio-economic changes, the key challenges that Europe will be facing until the end of the decade and to support the implementation of the Europe 2020 strategy for growth, jobs, social equity and inclusion.
The Erasmus+ Programme is designed to support Programme Countries' efforts to efficiently use the potential of Europe’s human talent and social capital, while confirming the principle of lifelong learning by linking support to formal, non-formal and informal learning throughout the education, training and youth fields. The Programme also enhances the opportunities for cooperation and mobility with Partner Countries, notably in the fields of higher education and youth.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Erasmus+ Programme implements the following Actions:
KEY ACTION 1 (KA1) – LEARNING MOBILITY OF INDIVIDUALS
- Opportunities for students to learn abroad, including:
- Studies (Bachelor, Master, Doctoral). - SMS
- Traineeships in businesses. - SMP
- Erasmus+ Master loans
- Opportunities for staff to undertake professional development activities, including:
- Training - STT
- Teaching - STA
KEY ACTION 2 (KA2) – COOPERATION FOR INNOVATION AND THE EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTICES
- Knowledge Alliances cooperation between higher education institutions and enterprises
- Sector Skills Alliances supporting the design and delivery of joint vocational training curricula, programmes and teaching and training methodologies
- Capacity Building in the field of higher education supporting cooperation with Partner Countries.
KEY ACTION 3 (KA3) – SUPPORT FOR POLICY REFORM
European Higher Education Institutions wanting to participate in the Erasmus+ Programme must have an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE). The Charter aims to guarantee a high level of quality in mobiity and cooperation by setting out fundamental principles for all Erasmus+ actions that participating institutions must follow.