Politécnica de Madrid

Graduates of universities from European Higher Education Area (EHEA) countries

Click here for a list of countries of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).

Students should apply via the Helios platform and are eligible to apply for up to three different master's degree programs listed in order of preference.

  • Passport, DNI (Spanish national ID card) or NIE (Foreigner ID Number for residents in Spain).
    It is also valid the Identity Document for students from the European Union (EU).

  • Curriculum Vitae.
  • The academic documents to be submitted will depend on the country issuing the student's first university degree and the student's choice of master's degree. Additionally, each program may have specific access requirements.
  1. Accredited degree certificate or proof of having applied for certificate. This document should be duly translated if issued in a language other than Spanish or English.

    You can apply without having completed studies attaching a Student Pledge for Completion of Studies. You must regularize your situation before September 9, 2022 sending all the required documentation (degree certificate, official transcript of records…) to tramitacion.master.oficial@upm.es. Otherwise, admission would be canceled.

    Note: Dates and requirements pending approval of the UPM's 2022/23 Enrollment Regulations (concerning conditional enrollment) pursuant to new Spanish legislation (Royal Decree 822/2021).

  2. Transcript of records of your first degree, stating the subjects taken and grades attained. This document should be duly translated if issued in a language other than Spanish or English. This document must be issued, stamped and signed by the academic authorities of the university of origin (documents not valid for academic purposes downloaded from web pages will NOT be acceptable).
  3. Students applying for any of the accredited master's degree listed in Appendix I:
  • Are obliged to submit a Level B2 English language proficiency certificate, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

    If you are applying for the MSc in Teacher Training, the required accreditation is Level B1 in a foreign language.

  • Students applying for any master of science degrees offering professional certification(MSc in Aerospace Engineering, MSc in Agro-Engineering, MSc in Architecture, MSc in Civil Engineering, MSc in Mining Engineering, MSc in Forestry Engineering, MSc in Industrial Engineering, MSc in Naval and Oceanic Engineering, MSc in Telecommunications Engineering. Or any dual program with them) are required to submit the resolution on the recognition of their first degree according to which they are eligible for the UPM master's degree program. This recognition is issued by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.