E.T.S. Naval Engineers
The Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Navales has its origin in the old Academia de Ingenieros y Maquinistas de la Armada.
The Cuerpo de Ingenieros de la Armada was created in 1770. The Academia de Ingenieros de la Armada was created by King Carlos III in 1772 for the training those who would be incorporated into the aforementioned Body. Non-Navel people could also study in the Centre and obtain the same qualification.
In 1914 it became known again as the Academia de Ingenieros y Maquinistas de la Armada. It closed in 1932. On the 26th of January 1933, by Ministerial Order, the Escuela Especial de Ingenieros Navales was created and became accountable to the Ministry of Public Instruction and Fine Arts. It moved to its current site in the Ciudad Universitaria in 1948.