Sensors system through which the work performed by the employees in the production lines is monitored in order to satisfy the following needs:
• Know: get digital information to know and store the performance of the production processes and the location of the employees in real time.
• Automate: achieve accounting and personnel management processes automation, being able to integrate it with existing software in the company.
• Optimize: get a decision support system. Decide what to produce and the optimal number of workers based on the collected performance data.
The system has been developed by the MIDAS research group of the UPM (Data Mining and Simulation) in collaboration with Camposeven, an agricultural cooperative of the Region of Murcia, where it has been successfully implemented and tested in October 2016. This company already benefits from a reduction of 90% of the time spent in personnel management tasks by its employees.
SIMPE is a modular system that is based on RFID technology to monitor the tasks carried out by employees.
“According to 83% of agri-food sector companies, the best way to increase competitiveness is by reducing costs by optimizing production processes and offering a quality product by providing traceability to the customer”
“Identification systems are gaining ground in companies, because their application has been extended from personnel access control, to the efficiency control world, productivity and management”
• The solution was first implemented in October 2016 at Camposeven, an agricultural cooperative located in Murcia (Spain).
• The MIDAS research group has broad experience in data analysis field, highlighting the participation in several European projects of the EIT (European Institute of Technology).
Juan Manuel Tuñas Martín
Midas research group (Data Mining and Simulation)
Innovation, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship Area
Centre of Support for Technological Innovation – UPM