Observatorio de I+D+i UPM

Memorias de investigación
Artículos en revistas:
Stress transmission of retrofitted concrete columns to jackets
Año:2009
Áreas de investigación
  • Ingeniería de construcción
Datos
Descripción
Concrete jacketing is one of the most common retrofitting techniques for concrete columns. However, the stress transmission mechanisms of this system are sti/[ not fully understood and appropriate design procedures are stil/not established. In this experimental study eight jacketed columns with different stirrup arrangements and various bonding conditions were tested in order to analyse the failure mechanisms of these members. It was observed that in rectangular columns 60% of the load is transmitted across the comers and the remaining 40% across the sides. The stress transmission from the column to the jacket depends on shear capacity at the interface. The applicability of the ACI 318-05 shear-friction model is also evaluated. According to this model, reinforcement must be provided across the contact suiface to resist the relative displacement across it. Despite this limitation, it is shown that the Mattock formulation can be applied with minor modifications for the design of concrete jackets, and that the experimental results show reasonable agreement with calculated values.
Internacional
Si
JCR del ISI
Si
Título de la revista
MAGAZINE OF CONCRETE RESEARCH
ISSN
0024-9831
Factor de impacto JCR
0,315
Información de impacto
Volumen
61
DOI
Número de revista
10
Desde la página
797
Hasta la página
806
Mes
DICIEMBRE
Ranking
Esta actividad pertenece a memorias de investigación
Participantes
  • Autor: Jaime Antonio Fernandez Gomez (UPM)
Grupos de investigación, Departamentos, Centros e Institutos de I+D+i relacionados
  • Creador: Grupo de Investigación: Tecnología de la Construcción y Ciencia de los Materiales para la edificación y la obra Civil
  • Departamento: Ingeniería Civil: Construcción
S2i 2021 Observatorio de investigación @ UPM con la colaboración del Consejo Social UPM
Cofinanciación del MINECO en el marco del Programa INNCIDE 2011 (OTR-2011-0236)
Cofinanciación del MINECO en el marco del Programa INNPACTO (IPT-020000-2010-22)