Brief description of the technology solution and the added value it provides
ConecTTo improves the chances of control of the elements of an electical installation and allows to understand and manage their energy consumption.
ConecTTo is a technology that can save between 20 and 40% the electricity bill of the buildings through the monitoring of electrical equipment in order to diagnose any abnormal or bad habits in the use of electrical appliances and propose solutions that promotes savings and energy efficiency .
ConecTTo system consists of a series of PLCs that send and receive data from a hub connected to the internet and use as a means of viewing and remote control any computer , smartphone or tablet that can connect to internet. PLCs are small devices , scalable , economic , self-configuring, wireless and are able to measure consumption. They are also compatible with existing electrical installations allowing remote control , feedback and switchboard by software.
ConecTTo has been tested in the hospitality industry , achieving savings of 30 % on the electricity bill.
Description of the technological base
http://www.upm.es/observatorio/vi/gestor_general/recuperar_archivo.jsp?id=417" alt="ConecTTo" width="280" height="241" />ConecTTo is a system that improves the chances of control of the elements of an electrical installation by users and allows to understand and manage their energy consumption. The system consists of a series of PLCs that send and receive data from a hub connected to the internet and use as a means of viewing and remote control any computer, smartphone or tablet that can connect to internet.
ConecTTo is an intelligent system own hardware that consists on small devices, scalable, self-configuring and wireless that are able to measure consumption and control the electrical system. The devices are inserted into the sockets, providing a point of intelligence and connectivity: electrical control, consumption meter, temperature sensor, humidity sensor or CO2 sensor.
“ConecTTo gives intelligence to an installation by using individual control of each device and a software that recognizes the user’s habits and customs to improve energy efficiency and comfort“.
- Need to monitor and manage power consumption in buildings, remotely from anywhere in the world, is part of the plan of the Smart Cities and The Internet of Things.
- Reduce energy bills and increase energy efficiency. According to Eurostat, since 2004 until today, the price of energy has increased by 62%.
- Identify and quantify the power consumption in the right place and time where it is occurring, associated with both the power of the equipment as to the habits and customs in teh use of the equipment.
- Comply with the Kyoto Protocol begins with the awareness of the use of energy to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases that causes global warming.
“In a global context, according to ABI Research, an estimated 90 million homes worldwide, will be equipped with intelligent automation systems by 2017, generating a market of U.S. $ 35627.83 million for 2016 with a annual growth rate of 60% between 2012 and 2017“.
- http://www.upm.es/observatorio/vi/gestor_general/recuperar_archivo.jsp?id=418" alt="ContecTTo" width="280" height="184" />ConecTTo not only monitor, but diagnoses and proposes solutions aimed at saving and energy efficiency.
- Full compatibility with existing electrical installations, so you do not have to do work to implement the new devices.
- Bidirectional scalable system. The system automatically recognizes the emergence of new automata and can show in each instant the status of all devices of the installation.
- Allows switchboard through software increasing the different possibilities of use of spaces.
- ConecTTo gives intelligence to an installation using individual control of equipment and SW that recognizes the user’s habits and customs to improve energy efficiency and comfort.
- Allows radio frequency remote control from anywhere in the world with any kind of internet access while preserving the option of manual control.
- Lab prototype
- Industrial prototype
Belén Moreno Santamaría; Alejandro Fernández Sánchez; Fernado del Ama Gonzalo; Juan Antonio Hernández Ramos
Área de Innovación, Comercialización y Creación de Empresas
Centro de Apoyo a la Innovación Tecnológica – UPM