Theft in Spain has meant losses of € 2,487m in the period 2014-2015, 1.33% of retail sales. Data that skyrockets up to 4,144 million euros when we add the cost of crime with the expenses in prevention that must do the companies. A total of 2.21% of Spanish retail sales.
DETIMA is a new device that allows to obtain "invisible" labels activatable and deactivable cheaper than the present ones.
Their implementation would reduce the cost of the companies at least 10%.
Some of the magnetic labels on the market can be turned off (when taking a product from the store) or activated (when returning a book to the library). This kind of labels are composed of a base made of soft magnetic material, with various pieces of hard magnetic material placed on it. This method involves the use of two different materials and needs an expensive and complicated manufacturing process.
DETIMA uses a single soft material, reducing costs. In addition, labels are easily hidden in products and implantable even at source.
"Manufacturing speed can be high enough to integrate into industrial processes efficiently"
• Companies engaged in the manufacture of activatable and deactivable labels need to use two different materials (soft and hard). This causes the final product to become more expensive and companies can not allocate part of their resources to other areas such as modernization of facilities, marketing, etc.
• The economic losses of businesses due to the theft of their products have a very negative impact on the income statement.
• It is critical to invest in electronic product safety to mitigate such losses.
"The aging of structures or the circumstances (earthquakes) will make reinforcement of structures more important in the future"
• Research group with more than 20 years of experience in the field of sensors, actuators and safety devices.
• Team members have experience in fields such as building automation, home automation, material characterization and its optimization for technological applications.
Carlos Morón: email@example.com
Amparo Verdú: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomás Gil: email@example.com
Innovation, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship Area
Centre of Support for Technological Innovation – UPM