Formalization, exemptions and cancellations for PhD
Formalization of the enrolment
The process to be followed to formalise the enrolment in a PhD program is detailed below:
a) Enrolment plan. The student will, together with the tutor assigned to him or her, draw up an enrolment plan for the academic year. The enrolment will consist of:
Programs structured in accordance with RD 778/98
- Courses and/or seminaries of the PhD program itself, courses from other PhD programs at the UPM or seminars from other PhD programs from the same department.
- Tutored research works.
- Seminars from other PhD programs or external courses (enrolments from diploma or degree subjects are not accepted).
- Enrolment in research competence.
- Enrolment in thesis tutelage (academic tutelage): those students that have finalised all of their credits and have been accepted for the thesis project must formalise their tutelage enrolment every academic year up to the defence of the thesis. This enrolment must be signed by the thesis director/tutor.
Programs structured in accordance with RD 56/2005 or RD 1393/2007
- ECTS credits for courses and research activities.
- Enrolment in thesis tutelage (academic tutelage): those student that have finalised all of their credits and have been accepted for the thesis project must formalise the tutelage enrolment every academic year up to the defence of the thesis
Note: modification of the enrolment is only possible for the organizational reasons of the units that manage the teaching.
The student can do the enrolment on-line through the Politécnica Virtual Web page. The enrolment must be adapted to the enrolment plan agreed to with tutor.
It is also possible to do the enrolment in the Secretary’s Office in the Unit Responsible for the Management of the PhD Program.
c) The student can pay for the enrolment.
Exemptions from the enrolment prices
Those students who have the right to exemption from the enrolment price must accredit it by means of the corresponding document, at the time of doing the enrolment.
Cancellation of enrolments resulting from non-payment
The fact of not paying the enrolment fees in total within the stipulated periods means the cancelling of all the enrolment, as this is considered annual.
It also means the loss of all of the payments already made within the academic year in question and the loss of qualifications obtained within the same academic year.
The University will demand the payment of any amount pending for enrolments from preceding academic years as a prior condition for the enrolment or the issuing of degrees and certificates