- Bioinspired fibres and scaffolds for biomedical
- applications collagen-based materials applied to biostructural prosthesis and cell
- mechanics. Biohybrids of biomaterials plus stem cells and neurostimulation for pathways reconstruction in Parkinson s disease.
- lnteraction of brain functions with electromagnetic fields. Research on brain communication mechanisms with very low frequency and intensity pulsed magnetic fields. Study of pain brain functions. Pulsed magnetic field stimulation to enhance neurite growth.
- Microanatomical and neurochemical organization of the normal and pathological cerebral cortex
- Novel tools to study systems at their different scales (from a microscopic, to a mesoscopic, to a macroscopic level), as dynamical systems interacting by means of a complex
- topological wiring of connections. Merging the point of view of graph theory with the need of understanding the basic principie of
- functioning of biological and neural systems.
- Research on bifunctionalized nanoparticles
- for: hyperthermia induction in living tissues; the design of biocompatible nanostructures for RMI contrast agents for in vivo early diagnosis of Alzheimer disease. Labeling of human neural precursor cells for in vivo cell tracking in cell replacement therapies; therapeutic approaches for stroke in preclinical models.
- Study of the brain connectivity and synchronization phenomena for cognitive neuroscience and neurological and psychiatric diseases applications.
- Study of the cerebral basis of cognitive
- function in healthy people and in patients with neurological and psychiatric diseases. Memory, Emotion, Attention, Brain Connectivity. Application of MRI techniques for pre-clinical diagnosis of Mild Cognitive lmpairment and Alzheimer s disease.
- Study of the self-renewal of tumor stem cells and their involvement in the processes of tumor relapse
Showing all 4 results
Detection of potential tumor-initiating cells (TICs) in peripheral blood to anticipate the relapse in breast and colorectal cancer.
Individual dosimeter device for recording electromagnetic radiation levels