Brief description of the technology solution and the added value it provides
Data Quanta facilitates your data economic exploitation by publishing them as Linked Data and offering them available-for-sale either individually or aggregated. The OEG-UPM research group broadens its open data publishing experience to the private data.
Description of the technological base
Publishing data as Linked Data means that it will be connected with existing data in the global data cloud (Linked Data Cloud) ensuring its intelligibility, maximizing its interoperability and giving it a hole new value relating it to the other resources.
Data Quanta doesn’t only improve the accessibility and dissemination of data, but also its economic exploitation , allowing its sale at any level of aggregation, from a single data in exchange for a micro-payment to more complex payment terms for sets of data.
The areas of application are mainly related to digital content: linguistic resources, data of machines and sensors, personal data.
“Providing data under Semantic Web standards allows its inclusion in commercial data catalogues aimed at humas and machines”
- The current translation process is strongly based on automatic tools and linguistic ressources whose quality determines its efficiency and quality.
- It is a fragmented market with small enterprises that use these ressources, but also, generate them and keep them as assets. Some of these ressources are terminologies,lexicons,diccionaries,glosses etc that are atomic. Data Quanta allows its exchange at this level.
Internet of Things
- The data generated by sensors is often the result of a costly endeavor. Data mining algorithms will be able to use individual data offered by Data Quanta data marketplace.
- Websites publishing personalized advertising have the need to know the visitor. In turn, they collect data that may be of interest to other advertisers. Data Quanta sets up the market to trade with this data.
- Relational Data eassy tranformation into Linked Data.
- First sales platform for linked data with different levels of granularity.
- Data search by license and / or price.
- The OEG-UPM research group has published Linked Data in collaboration with the National Geographic Institute, AEMET, the National Library and Fundeu and Prisa Digital Group. It also maintains the Spanish chapter of DBpedia and actively participates in the W3C standardization groups.
Software registration granted in Spain M-8815/2014
- Lab Prototype
- Industrial Prototype
Contacto Data Quanta
Víctor Rodríguez Doncel, Asunción Gómez Pérez
Área de Innovación, Comercialización y Creación de Empresas
Centro de Apoyo a la Innovación Tecnológica – UPM