Brief description of the technology solution and the added value it provides
Lynckia provides a service for web developers and enterprises that allows them to easily enhance their web pages with real-time multimedia communications. Leveraging technologies such as WebRTC, Lynckia offers a service and a technological solution that allows for seamless communications inside a browser. Lynckia comprises both an open-source technology core and a cloud based service adaptable to the increasing demand.
All of this is the result of the efforts of researchers from the group of Internet of New Generation within the ETSI Telecomunicación of the Technical University of Madrid (UPM).
Description of the technological base
Lynckia provides multimedia rooms as a service. These rooms can be accessed via any WebRTC compatible browser. Clients can use the provided client-side API to integrate real-time communication (video, audio and data) seamlessly in their web pages. Lynckia implements a fully compatible WebRTC stack that includes advanced services such as recording, streaming from IP-cameras.
The core of the technology has been released as open source software and already has an active community of developers that are deploying it in pre-production environments. On top of that core, the full Lynckia solution offers a highly scalable service based on adapted algorithms.
“Fully customizable WebRTC multimedia rooms for multiple participants with advanced features such as recording”
- Small physician practices can benefit from communicating directly with their patients with a simple tool within their own Web page.
- The ability to facilitate the access to the doctor is a great advantage for this small to medium groups.
- This videoconferencing needs to be secure and the ability to record the session for further study is also a must.
- From private schools to MOOC (massive open online courses) platforms demand tools that provide the technology needed to give courses online without relying on external applications.
- By including the conference directly in their web page they can easily control the amount of courses given and the time each student is online.
- In today’s Internet, many companies from a variety of sectors need to offer multimedia content in real time.
- The ability to offer this within a web browser and with the company’s branding is very demanded.
- Advanced videoconferencing capabilities such as recording, screen sharing and multiple participants conferences.
- Complete integration with the target web application. Lynckia allows the web owner to fully customize the look and feel of the communication.
- Software core backed by an active open source community.
- Scalability algorithms allow Lynckia to handle a growing amount of participants while being able to scale back down if needed.
“Lynckia offers a total customization of the communication solution for every need, from the type of communication to the branding in a clean an easy way”
- Lab prototype
- Industrial prototype
Javier Cerviño, Pedro Rodríguez, Álvaro Alonso, Joaquín Salvachúa
Área de Innovación, Comercialización y Creación de Empresas
Centro de Apoyo a la Innovación Tecnológica – UPM