We are a group of 25 scientists including senior and trainee researchers and technical staff and we carry out our research at the Centre for Biotechnology and Plant Genomics (CBPG) at the UPM and teach at the HTSE for Agronomy, Food and Biosystems at the UPM . We are specialists in plant molecular biology, biochemistry, proteomics, computer modelling of proteins, synthetic biology, and plant, cellular biology and systems development.
Structure: Research Groups
Email: Infrastructures: Áreas: Agriculture, Forestry, Natural Resources, Land Use and Blue Growth
Bioeconomy, Biotechnology and Food Systems
ODS: Climate Action
Responsible Consumption and Production
Research into the molecular bases of plant physiological and development processes to create biotechnology tools.
We work on 6 main lines of research:
- Circadian and seasonal control of dormant/growth cycles in trees.
- Research into the molecular bases for allergenicity and cross-reactivity in plant-based foods.
- Computational research of macromolecular systems in biological processes.
- Regulation of aerial growth in plants.
- Development and growth of root bodies .
- Synthetic biology of signalling circuits in plants
- Circadian and seasonal control of dormancy-growth cycle in trees
- Computational studies on macromolecular systems in biological processes
- Development and growth of radical organs
- Molecular basis of allergenicity and cross-reactivity in plant food
- Plant apical growth regulation
We are interested in generating knowledge for the development of biotechnology tools from various complementary fronts. They are applicable to human health and nutrition, production and sustainability of herbaceous and woody crops, and plant resistance to conditions of abiotic stress.
We take a highly active part in scientific and technical research projects awarded by competitive public calls, both in Spain and internationally.
We collaborate in public/private projects with the aim of transferring our technology to society.
We contribute as professors on the Biotechnology degree and the masters in Agroforestry Biotechnology at the UPM. We give seminars, conferences and other outreach activities.
- ES P201531341. Mayorga Mayorga C; Torres MJ; Blanca M; Rojo Marcos FJ; Mascarate Gonzalez A; Diaz Perales A; Pacios LF; Ramos Soriano FJ; Andreu Martinez D; Valle Garcia J. Composition for allergy treatment. September 2015.
- EP 14150965.3. Roth-Walter F, Gomez-Casado C, Jensen-Jarolim E, Diaz Perales A, Fernandez Pacios L, Singer J. LNC2 as marker of allergy. January 2013. Europe. Licensed by Biomed R&D, Vienna, Austria.
- ES P201131186. Allona, I., Moreno, A., Aragoncillo, C. Procedimiento para aumentar o disminuir el desarrollo de ramificaciónsiléptica y/o proléptica en una planta leñosa (Procedure for increasing or decreasing the development of sileptic or proleptic branches in a woody plant). June 2011
Showing all 2 results
Biotechnology solution for accelerating the development of branches in plants: higher biomass yield.