CSC-UPM Cooperative PhD Programme
China Scholarship Council (CSC) is a non-profit institution affiliated with the Ministry of Education of China. It is a national organization to support Chinese citizens to study abroad and foreign citizens to study in China. The Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) is a leading technical university in Spain. The CSC and UPM have jointly launched the CSC-UPM Scholarship Programme according to which the CSC offers a number of scholarships to Chinese citizens applying to complete a PhD at the UPM. According to the agreement, up to twenty scholarships may be awarded to degree-seeking full-time PhD students. CSC provides scholarship holders with a living stipend and roundtrip airfare. UPM waives tuition and research fees.
General UPM PhD Programme Entry Requirements
- Candidates should hold a master’s degree or equivalent qualifying the holder for admission to a PhD programme in China at the start of their CSC-UPM scholarship.
- English proficiency for PhD applicants: IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 90. This requirement is waived if English is the only language of instruction for your current or previous level of studies.
- Students who do not hold the respective English language certificates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- More information on UPM PhD programmes is available here.
CSC-UPM Scholarship Programme research lines and supervisors
The listed positions are for full-time PhD students who meet the above entry requirements and are awarded a CSC scholarship. Qualified applicants will be admitted and registered as PhD students at UPM for 48 months.
2024 Application Procedure
Applications will be accepted until 12 February 2024. Applicants for the PhD in Physical Activity and Sport Science Programme should submit their applications by 29 January 2024.
- Candidates should contact a potential supervisor working in the field of his or her research interest to discuss their PhD research project. For a list of potential supervisors and research lines, see above.
- Candidates and/or supervisors should email an application for admission, including transcript of records, CV, English proficiency, list of publications (recommended) and preliminary project outline all translated into English and compressed into a single PDF document to email@example.com by 12 February 2024 (29 January 2024 for applicants for the PhD in Physical Activity and Sport Science Programme) at the latest.
- Qualified candidates will receive a letter of acceptance signed by the Vice Rector for Internationalization for submission to the CSC together with their application for their CSC scholarship. For more information concerning how to apply at CSC, please visit CSC official website: www.csc.edu.cn.
- Accepted candidates will be added to the list of candidates submitted to the CSC by the UPM for appraisal for a scholarship under the CSC-UPM PhD Scholarship Programme. Therefore, it is very important for candidates to assure that all the necessary documents are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org at their earliest convenience and before the above deadline.
- Students notified by CSC of acceptance are kindly asked to email their supervisor and email@example.com to confirm that they will be taking up the offer of the PhD position. They will then receive instructions on how to proceed for registration and enrollment in the respective PhD programme and receive help with visa application.
If you have any question about CSC-UPM Scholarship Programme, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to help.