Service producing metal pieces by lathing
Production of metal pieces using conventional lathing. The service encompasses a comprehensive offer of skills in turnkey production of prototypes, moulds, and individual or sets of tooling made in metal or plastic that are fully operationally functional.
R&D units, laboratories and start-ups associated with the UPM, along with private companies, are offered the chance to validate their research results with the production of physical prototype pieces or systems, including pre-series, according to the client¿s specifications and plans.
References from University Research Groups and R&D Centres:
- Solar Energy Institute (IES)
- Automatics. HTSIE-UPM
- Electronics. HTSIE-UPM
- Thermal Engines. HTSIE-UPM
- Automotive Research Institute (INSIA)
- Central Electrotechnics Laboratory. HTSIE-UPM
- Nuclear Engineering. HTSIE-UPM
- Graphic Engineering. HTSIE-UPM
- Fluid mechanics. HTSIE-UPM
- Material Resistance. HTSIE-UPM
- Metallurgy. HTSIE-UPM
- Machines and Mechanisms Laboratory. HTSIE-UPM
- Physics Department. HTS for Roads, Canals and Ports. UPM
- New Technologies Global System (NTGS)
- Inspiralia R&D
- Betia Ingeniería
- Mecanizados Pedrera
- Solfocus Spain
The service is offered by the Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Laboratory which belongs to the Community of Madrid Laboratories Network. The facilities are at the Higher Technical School for Industrial Engineers. C/ Jose Gutiérrez Abascal 2. 28006 Madrid.
Request for service
A request for service can be made by contacting the officer
Dr. Juan Carlos Hernández
via the e-mail . The applicant will be asked for technical and scientific information to enable assessment of the system to be made and the work needed identified, along with the technical and human resources needed to carry it out. The rates for other technical services are published on this web site and on the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid¿s web site under the heading ‘Prototype Production Services’ https://www.upm.es/Investigacion/estructuras/ServiciosCientificos .