Description of Services Provided
Determinations of metallic and non-metallic elements are carried out in solutions of environmental samples and materials.
Sample pretratment: Filtering of liquid samples; acid digestion or extraction for solid samles (for the determination of total or extractable contents).
The technique allows the simultaneous determination of most of the elements for the Periodic System, with low detection limits (see table) and high precision (%RSD < 5%).
Possibility of mult-element quantitative or semi-quantitative analysis.
A previous experimental study is carried out to guarantee the quality of the analysis, which includes:
- Semiquantitative analysis, including various wavelengths for the elements of interest to know the order of concentration and the emission lines that may be affected by spectral interferences.
- Monitoring of analysis standards or own methods validated through their application to certified reference materials (CRMs) with similar nature to the samples.
- Use of internal standards (generally yttrium or rhodium) in the quantitative analysis to control physical interferences.
The results are given in a report that includes all the information on the sample treatment and analysis, and statistical study of the results.
People or companies managing the Environment.
Field of application
Possibility of quantitative and semi-quantitative multi-elemental and simultaneous analysis, with a high dynamic range of concentration (from trace levels to major elements).
Wide experience in the development of analytical methods.
Examples of previous references
- Determination of S in environmental samples: Research Group Determinacion de trazas, especiación y proteómica of Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM).
- Determination of Ag, Cu, Mn, Ni, Sn, Zn y W in 0,5 M NaOH electrolyte solutions: Research Group Ingeniería de Superficies y Materiales Nanoestructurados (UCM).
Agilent 720 Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometer (ICP-OES), with axial view configuration, One Neb nebulizer, purged echelle polychromator and CCD detector. Necessary equipment for sample treatment (digestion and leaching/extraction).
How to apply