SEMICONDUCTOR MATERIALS AND SOLAR CELLS CHARACTERIZATION SERVICE
Structural and optoelectronic characterization service for semiconductors and solar cells
Descripción de los servicios que se ofrecen
- Determination of semiconductor gap by photoreflectance
- Characterization of the quantum efficiency of novel solar cells
- Capability to obtain the current-voltage characteristics of solarcells in dark and in illumination conditions, up to concentrations of 2500x and at low temperatures
- Study of the behavior of novel semiconductors and devices under concentration up to 10.000x. This test can be performed at low temperatures
- Performance of FTIR tests in order to determine the optical absorption coefficient of photovoltaic materials mainly in the infrared
- Undertaking of DLTS measurements to study semiconductor defects
- Measurement of photoluminescence and electroluminescence of materials and solar cells
- Capability to determine roughness of the semiconductor surface
See the attachment to know more about the specifications of our tests.
Needs and applications covered
There is currently a great deal of research and manufacturing activity for new materials with improved properties. However, in order to validate them as useful electrical devices, it is necessary to have laboratories that have the capacity and capablity to characterize the devices. The Solar Energy Institute through the infrastructure IBLAB makes all its experience in the characterization of solar cells available to third parties, including consultancy services.
Semiconductor materials in the photovoltaic, micro and nanoelectronics, optoelectronics industries. Energy, space and electronic sectors.
The Solar Energy Institute is one of the oldest centers in the world exploring the potential of photovoltaic solar energy. All the experience and know-how acquired by our researchers and technicians through hundreds of research projects is put at the service of third parties to facilitate the advancement of R&D developments in teams that do not have the infrastructures or companies that require R&D services. Our laboratory has been ISO9001 certified since 2009. We are a laboratory belonging to the Network of Laboratories of the Community of Madrid.
IBLAB is offering their technological services since 2009. We have collaborated with national and international companies and research centers, offering our services both as private service or taking part of research consortium as technological infrastructure used by the research groups.
Where we are
Instituto de Energía Solar. Sede: Moncloa.
Avenida Complutense 40. 28040 Madrid. España.
Due to the nature of the service, the equipment and the rooms of chemical chambers and clean rooms that are used, it is necessary to carry out in-depth training and have extensive experience in this field. It requires technical personnel who are in charge of the maintenance and tuning of the equipment. Therefore, although the service may be required by any interested person, it may only be performed by our own personnel. Please contact the person in charge of the service if you are interested in our services.